Monday, June 17, 2013

Finished the Weaving on My First Cap !


I’ve finished the weaving!!

Next step is to clip and clean the inside of my cap and then shape it with wet sand. I will be blogging that process. For now, I’m feeling very happy to have the weaving completed. This has been a big project for me, with many challenges and many ups and downs. I look at my cap and see the imperfections compared to the old time basket weavers. But, I’ve learned so much over this past year that I’m not sure I have even comprehended it yet. I have to remind myself that this is my “first cap”, it’s okay, and the next one will be better. The highlight of my day was receiving a text message from my daughter, Neva, who lives in Portland, asking me, “Can I wear your cap”? 


 

 
... it still has to be trimmed and shaped.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, Karen! You've come a long way since Eugene. Donna

    ReplyDelete