Sunday, November 11, 2012

Completed the top of my cap

I finished the pattern to the top of my cap, which represents our “childhood” years.  At this part of the cap where it will now start to turn down, a stick is added which goes around the circumference of the cap.  It’s then wrapped with an overlay material.  I have chosen to wrap a willow stick with bear grass.  This technique adds strength to the basket as well as a 3-dimensional depth in the pattern.  I was very excited to get to this point in my cap, as now I’m moving into the next phase or a new section of my cap that traditionally represents adulthood.
 
Following are pictures of my progress.
 
This is the completed pattern for the top of the cap.
 

Adding and wrapping the "divider" stick, which
adds strength before turning the cap down.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment